[asterisk-biz] Dedicated Server / Asterisk in VM

G.Jacobsen g_jacobsen at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 06:51:16 CDT 2010

Hi there,

Asterisk works well in OpenVZ.  OpenVZ can export the zaptel and dahdi
drivers into the virtual machines. The OpenVZ overhead is very small, so
there is almost no penalty to run inside a VM - in contrast to XEN. The big
upside is that you can snapshot the servers and migrate them.

We mirror in realtime Asterisk virtual machines to backup hosts to ensure
maximum uptime. VMs can be migrated in under a minute between hosts. The
basic setup is the same as seen here:
http://www.luxvoice.org

If anyone needs a similar setup then we can provide that.

Gerry