[asterisk-biz] UK Mobile Needed

Abdul Hakeem alhakeem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 02:06:02 CDT 2010

My view is that the increase in costs to the owners of mobile devices will
be of greater disadvantage to users (particularly those dependent on
mobiles) than the decrease in termination charges will offset.

In the bad old days of the 5000lb gorilla BT, the same argument were
proffered against deregulation, floatation, allowing access for other
operators and cutting call costs.
Local call charges has always been free in the USA (at least that I know of
in the last 30 years) and the local Telco's still manage to stay in
business.

Innovation, creation of new profitable services to consumers & businesses is
the key, NOT throwing tantrums or blackmailing people into extortionate call
charges.