[asterisk-biz] Astrisk Appliance with FXS ports

Stelios Koroneos skoroneos at digital-opsis.com
Fri Apr 23 14:20:30 CDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 19:05 +0000, mroberts1818 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone found an inexpensive appliance that can
>
> Support from 1 to 4 FXS ports
>
> Handle faxing
>
> Completely solid state
>
> Will allow us to load our own custom asterisk/linux build.
>

> Many thanks.
>
> Mike

Depends as to what you consider "inexpensive".
There are the DSP/uclinuc based appliances based on David's Rowe design
(Atcom has one) although i am not sure how well they handle faxing
Pricing is around 300-400 US$

There is WARP from PIKA (powerpc based, linux/glibc with good faxing
support but more expensive
500-700 US$ depending on configuration

Then there are several pc/epia/x86 embedded solution that can use
off-the-self cards pci/mini-pci - 300-600 US$ depending also on
configuration.

There are a few others but haven't been able to get my hands on them.

--
Stelios S. Koroneos

Digital OPSiS - Embedded Intelligence

Tel +30 210 9858296 Ext 100