[asterisk-biz] Netiquette (Was: asterisk-biz Digest, Vol 69, Issue 1)

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 00:41:31 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 2:10 AM, Trevor Hammonds <trevor at concipient.net> wrote:
> Please trim your replies before sending them to
> the list if you are going to reply to a list digest message.  A 30K message
> for a single line of new information can sometimes frustrate list members.

Amen. I doubt that anyone would not appreciate this effort. Think of
the reader whose help you are requesting. Or if you are the one
providing the answer, think of the person desperately seeking the
actual advice in the message.

> Also, when replying to a list digest -- as is noted at the top of EACH
> digest message -- please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
> "Re: asterisk-biz Digest..."

It's a simple fact that a good subject line will attract much better
replies and the people who actually have an answer may want to reply,
whereas a generic "n00b needs help" and "Digest blah..." post will
often go under by many, filtered to trash by others.

/r