[asterisk-biz] Recommendations for Multi-T1 failover switch

Drew Gibson aggibson at cogeco.ca
Wed Sep 30 08:58:39 CDT 2009

I'm looking for a failover device for up to 8 T1 lines.

The configuration is 8 T1 (data) lines terminating in 1 router (DSU's
internal to router). We are adding a second, hot-standby router and need
a device to switch the T1's over automatically should the live router fail.

Something like http://www.valiantcom.com/aps/safecomm/t1_8_links.html

Does anyone have any experience, recommendations or sources for these
devices? We will be upgrading 3-6 sites in the US and Canada during the
coming months.

regards,

Drew