[asterisk-biz] SIP to UK mobile

Magnus Kelly magnus.kelly at mapesbury.com
Mon Sep 7 15:29:52 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I resisted before today (and had little of interest until recently),
however as some on this list will know, after buying a uk spectrum
licence in 2006 I've been busy pulling together the bits and bobs to run
a gsma listed mobile network, and for the last year have been building
native coverage in east London (London borough of Newham - www.uk01.com
) - More recently I've benefited from a full MVNO agreement here in the
UK, & having dabbled with asterisk for a variety of applications leads
me to think that it may be of use to some on the list to think over a
sip trunk to one of my uk1 sims. I would then route to the device  in
native coverage, uk national coverage or via international roaming, (of
which I continue to add bilateral roaming agreements and have
supplemented coverage with both use of roaming hub (Link2One) as well as
imbedding a 2nd imsi for complete world coverage in the short term
outside the uk.)

The full UK service will be live from October, native coverage can be
deployed anywhere access to ip exists through the use of ip.access pico
cells ( www.ipaccess.com - similar in cost to a fully loaded digium e1
card) , and perhaps one day a 2g femto will be  available for single
user coverage.

Clearly SMS as a integral part of GSM Is also something I can help with.

Anyone with interest is welcome drop me an email (magnus.kelly at
mapesbury.com)

Regards

Magnus