[asterisk-biz] Any installations in European Consulates or Embassies?

lists at contacttel.com lists at contacttel.com
Tue Sep 1 13:04:28 CDT 2009

Just got a client call about unauthorized calls, logged in his system and
this is what i saw.

SSH port forwarded to a freepbx box
Default user/pass for mysql/web/ssh

User created peers in mysql directly and then changed ssh pass

All peers that was on where 104/104 105/105 etc..

Sip anon yes..

That's the default install

You give a loaded gun to a guy that never used one, without instructions, he
will surely shoot himself before learning to put the safety on.

But ain't that the purpose of mass distributing a commercial (support part)
swiss army knife telecom platform ?

Why doesn't Freepbx come with FORCED password changes on install ?? i guess
150$ an hour support is better than no support at all right ?

http://www.freepbx.org/support-and-professional-services

There are also perl and python scanners out there that do :

Scan ranges of ips for sip, scan them for default ssh/sip user/passes.. and
create an asterisk sip.conf with these as well as the extensions for those.

All the wanna-be hacker has to do next is mass dial and use un-authorized
boxes... 99.5 % are all trixbox/freepbx etc

But hey .. 99% of all stats are made up