[asterisk-biz] North America Internet bandwidth

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 03:59:05 CDT 2009

2009/9/1 Matt Riddell <lists at venturevoip.com>

> Here in New Zealand we pay for national and international bandwidth.
>
> So, we have to purchase a package for national bandwidth (i.e. 10Mbit
> guaranteed - no cap) and a package for international bandwidth (i.e.
> 5Mbit and 100GB cap).

So that you can feel smug and superior, here in South Africa "local only"
bandwidth costs at the cheapest US$2 per gigabyte (sent and received added),
so a 10Mbit link "uncapped" (but not guaranteed), and if you could get such
a thing) might cost something like  US$3000 per month maybe.

International bandwidth is US$8 per gigabyte or so, so 100GB cap would be
US$800 per month.

Steve