[asterisk-biz] Successful Switchvox Deployment

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 07:55:30 CDT 2009

--- On Sun, 10/11/09, Brian Franklin <bfranklin at ntginc.net> wrote:

> I just wanted to share the details for a recent successful VoIP
> deployment:

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing. :)

> Grandstream is not ready for primetime, requires regular
> reboots, will be replacing it with an Audiocodes 24 FXS
> gateway ASAP

I've heard so many horror stories about various GrandStream
products. Would be scared to use them for anything remotely
important.

> Linksys phones uses individual config files for each phone,
> this is a problem when you have 90 phones and need to make a
> change to all phones, found a nice little utility that can
> find/replace text within multiple files, this was a huge
> time saver

This is on Linux, but what I used is just sed or perl. For
example:

perl -p -i -e s/txttoreplace/newtxt/g *.xml

Quick and easy. :)

--
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation