[asterisk-biz] Successful Switchvox Deployment

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Sun Oct 11 19:13:08 CDT 2009

> -          Linksys phones uses individual config files for each phone, this is a
> problem when you have 90 phones and need to make a change to all phones,
> found a nice little utility that can find/replace text within multiple files, this was
> a huge time saver

Might be useful to mention that Linksys phones support remote provisioning via HTTP as well as TFTP. If you pull your registration info from a database (with serial number for the user's phone), you can quite easily knock up a script in your preferred language (we use PHP) that'll deliver the correct provisioning details to each phone on startup.

Out of interest, did you have any complaints from your SPA942 users about volume? We find we have to wind microphone gain up to +6dB to avoid user complaints that "the caller says I'm too quiet".

Regards,

Chris
--
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it