[asterisk-biz] need help to develop IM application with the help of asterisk

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Thu Oct 8 15:07:32 CDT 2009

On 9/10/09 3:24 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:

> Hi N,
>
> I am trying to make a separate application for IM and then I will
> integrate it with my developed softclient.

What we've done in the past for this is a few steps:

1. Create a softphone (lots of libraries around)
2. Sign up to some SMS gateway (Clickatel etc)
3. Create a PHP (or whatever) backend page to authenticate/send/receive
messages
4. Poll a received messages page periodically from the sofphone

So, send a message from softphone to an account on another softphone and
you store it in the DB until the destination polls for it at which time
you display it.

If the destination is not the account of another softphone user then:

1. Check user's credit
2. Send SMS via gateway
3. Provide response codes (sent/not sent etc) and charge customers account

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell
Director