[asterisk-biz] Capitalisation in English writing from Indian subcontinent

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Thu Oct 8 14:55:06 CDT 2009

On 9/10/09 3:35 AM, Peter Beckman wrote:
>    As Alex Said, If The Capitalization Of Words Was Consistent, he might Be
>    able to understand.  But this is One of Those things that the
>    capitalization makes No sense, and seems almost random and without
>    understanding of the Purpose of capitalized letters.

So, it happens for emphasis.  I think that's pretty much agreed.

Consistency then depends on a common train of thought.  A document
created in one pass without interruption.  With interruption or multiple
attempts at a document the fact someone has provided emphasis for a word
earlier does not necessarily mean they will provide emphasis later.

I think you'd find that if they went through the document again, they
would likely capitalize each occurrence of the word they wanted to
emphasize.

Maybe the main reason is that we tell people not to use HTML email so
they can't use bold and get used to capitalization as a replacement. :)

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell
Director