[asterisk-biz] US Taxes & Billing software

Josh Horton jhorton at hk-communications.com
Thu Oct 8 08:55:48 CDT 2009

I have been doing voip technical consulting for a few years now and recently
decided to try building my own softswitch.

Can someone send me links or reply with experience with the following tax
questions I am struggling with?

- How should I be collecting taxes for voip services?
- How many different levels of taxes do I have to collect (Federal, State,
County & City)?
- Do the tax rates fluctuate frequently?
- What billing software is everyone using to easily charge taxes for
customers? I have been working with A2Billing but it only addresses VAT.
- Are tax rates different regarding residential, business service and
calling cards?

Thanks in advance.

Josh