[asterisk-biz] OEM ATA

Scott L. Lykens slykens at verimedservices.com
Mon Oct 5 14:38:05 CDT 2009

Certainly would agree, however, do upstream providers strip or modify
DSCP?

We use Comcast and I'm reasonably sure that they're rewriting DSCP to
0x20/cs1 on anything above 0x00. My initial plan for QoS was to use DSCP
but it seems various traffic (including, but not all, VoIP) was tagged
the same 0x20 from them so it was pointless for us.

In a simple router situation I can see QoS being easier with IAX as you
simply prioritize udp/4569. We're using PIX/ASA so we do SIP inspect,
prioritize the RTP and rate limit all other traffic to below 80% of our
purchased service. It's not DSCP but we're unable to use a true DSCP
method due to our upstream.

So far so good, it works well for us on a small scale.

sl