[asterisk-biz] Hacking the network

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 16:48:33 CDT 2009

Must?

With this kind of attitude I wouldn't answer you either. They CAN respond if they want to - my guess is you sent them such nasty emails that they decided to ignore you.

FYI Voxalot is not the users who use it. Voxalot is a platform where different users can manage their various VOIP providers. Just because a hacker decided to abuse the Voxalot network to send you calls doesn't mean Voxalot is involved. From a legal perspective in the US carriers have at least partial immunity from the actions of their subscribers so your thinking that they somehow "must" do anything for you is false. You are not law enforcement and they don't have to do anything whatsoever for you. IF they are contacted by law enforcement - with a proper warrant - THEN they must respond. In fact discussing a user's calling patterns with you is against FCC regulations.

Just ban Voxalot in your firewall and move on. Your firewall shouldn't have allowed incoming connections from the world to begin with. Also use stronger passwords. You are the one who left your network unsecured. Accept the responsibility and learn.