[asterisk-biz] auto-answering an originated call, dialplan / manager interface problem

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 04:19:28 CST 2009

Hi Alexander,

Just a small point that I hope will be helpful:

In article <D66AC4C3B882BA438B344616EEE891E0075D3D2924 at winxbede17.exchange.xchg>,
Mueller, Alexander <am at a-m-i.de> wrote:
> OK, as promised, here are the details of the solution.
>
> The local phone which shall dial out is SIP/2000, and the external number to be called is
> 0123456789. The SIP/2000 will auto-answer, so that the user (having a headset on) will be
> able to make an outbound call without using the phone hardware.
>
> The Action to be called from the AMI is:
>
> Action: Originate
> Channel: Local/*2000 at originating
> Context: originating
> Exten: 00123456789
> CallerID: 2000
> ActionID: ORIGINATE_464
>
> The "*" is only a marker for the distinction inside the dialplan, to distinguish internal
> and external phone numbers.

You don't need to use that marker if you use two different contexts,
one for the Local channel and one for the outbound dialling:

Action: Originate
Channel: Local/2000 at phones
Context: originating
Exten: 00123456789
CallerID: 2000
ActionID: ORIGINATE_464

And then:

[phones]
exten => _X.,1,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: sip:\;answer-after=0)
exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})

[originating]
exten => _0X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@sipgate-out)

Hope this helps!