[asterisk-biz] Surveys

praveen kumar pbx.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 21:26:39 CST 2009

Sorry guys for promoting my client here but I really really like what
they have been doing and it will be useful for OP and lot of us here.

Invox (Intelligent Voice - www.invox.com) allows you to configure a
fortune-500 phone system in 5 mins without custom coding with Speech
Recognition for less than $150 a month.  They won the Best of Show at
IT Expo for their beta this September where I came in contact with
them.

The system is simple with drag and drop interface. Simply connect the
various phone modules to design the phone system. Its web based Visio
and you cannot go wrong with it.

Here is the video which shows how your phone system can integrate with
database and RSS without writing any code (just write your query).
http://www.invox.com/phone-system-for-developers.php

The system out of box integrates with

CRM (Salesforce, Sugar and Zoho - Callers calling in are automatically
inserted as leads (reverse lookup with address) in CRM if not present.
Voicemails are transcribed and appropriately tagged into CRM. Call are
recorded and can be tagged into CRM. Employees can access CRM over
phone - say a lead name and then say send an email, leave a note etc.
Full CRM-IVR integration)

RSS Integration - Give link, send params, collect output params and
use them in your workflow. Eg: the video link given shows how to
retrieve weather information from Yahoo Weather API. Its just 5 mins
configuration.

Outbound framework - initiate calls periodically from a flat file
(csv) or from database directly. The calls can then be connected to
workflow where you can search your database and give their outstanding
balance etc. and/or even collect payment and update the database back.
Lot of my clients (hospitals) use this for phone reminders and
confirmations.

Pay by Phone - first IVR to be integrated with Authorize.net and 10
other gateways which collects credit information and does CVV and
Zipcode verification before authorizing the credit card.

Survey/Polls - define your own questionnaire and select the answer
type (yes/no, number, digits etc.). You can also custom define
answers (eg: colors - provide red, orange, blue as answers and callers
can say these.). The results can be integrated to database (real time)
or sent an email immediately.

FAQs - define keywords which allows the callers to say anything
("Briefly tell me in one or two words why you are calling and I will
search for the best answer"). Very useful to automate few calls before
they reach the operator.

Automatic Phone scheduling - Allow callers to schedule an appointment
directly over phone. The calendar is looked up real time and a nearest
slot is provided. Very helpful for service professionals.

Fraud Verification - automatically call your eCommerce customer and
ask questions and record the conversation for future claims -
chargebacks etc.

Virtual Extensions, call forwarding etc.

Transcription based - Can be integrated with your backend - the
transcription result can be posted to your URL with results for your
backend integration. For eg: allow your caller to say a product, play
product informational, get their credit card, validate and process it
and then ask for any custom notes. The message is transcribed and your
URL will be pushed.

Speech Driven - Supports US/UK English, Spanish, French and few other
languages (don't remember).

Group Messaging  - record call and the system will blast it to your
employees and your defined group automatically

IM notifications - Push notifications to Yahoo/MSN/AOL/Skype which can
be configured. Know who is calling on Skype etc. before you answer the
call.

Free Call forwarding to Skype and Google Talk

Geographical Routing (US) and store locators

Best of all, you can signup free and configure and test your phone system free.

Thanks.