[asterisk-biz] Setting up Asterisk conf room per channel on DID

Michel R Vaillancourt michel at wolfstar.ca
Sat May 23 16:01:43 CDT 2009

Sandeep Kanao wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking for a few pointers to setup asterisk conf room.
    Sure thing!
> User A calls a local DID #, User B calls a local DID # and they are in
> the conf room. Our system knows caller IDs for both of these users
> (fixed). Assuing these DID's have 2 channels each, could it be
> possible to use both the channels on these DIDs, so User C and User D
> could be in another conf room with the same DID's but using
> the remaining channel?
    Yep.  You'd need an AGI that checks a database of knows the Caller
IDs and what conferences they go to.  Then from there, the system just
routes incoming calls into the correct conferences.  I've helped a
customer do something similar in the past for a group support line.
> Any pointers, any feedback is welcome.
> Thanks
    My pleasure.  Feel free to ask anything else you need.

    --Michel