[asterisk-biz] on the topic of fraud

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun May 17 23:40:04 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 23:49 -0400, ContactTel Business wrote:
> Never saw a credit line for this.. unless you're a big boy,
> oracle/ibm/Microsoft.
>  I doubt you would have one for that volume.

without a line of credit the whole thing would have had problems.  First
why would they need to forge documents from Verizon (trademark
infringement is essentially what I read is verizons claim) saying they
paid on time, and second it should never have been  a crime for simple
failure to pay (that should be civil court only).

So apparently there are lines of credit for phone service, basically
post pay.  Many large customers do not prepay or pay a deposit, although
often the credit portion is based on a DUNS lookup as opposed to self
provided uncorroborated documentation, but hey.

And if you followed what Broadvoice did years ago, if you dispute
charges you have typically 1 year and they cant hold it against you
during that year.  Broadvoice challenged charges for non-geographic
numbers by GBLX.  At the end of 12 months of arbitration, GBLX just shut
off broadvoice, which left them scrambling to try to find routes to stay
in business.  So even if you have 1 late payment there are ways to make
it continue past the first month, usually the dispute stuff is part of
the filed tariff, as such they cant refuse.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721