[asterisk-biz] on the topic of fraud

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Sun May 17 21:49:04 CDT 2009

That analogy is false. A loaded gun can be used to kill people
if the criminal still has it - and there is no other way to
stop the killing other than to take it away.

In this case Verizon/AT&T could EASILY shut down their access
without confiscating any equipment whatsoever.

As a business owner it worries me greatly that my equipment
could be confiscated for essentially forever just because
some idiot in the next cage decided it's a good idea to
defraud AT&T.

I mention forever because in essence servers these days get
replaced every few years anyway. If they kept the equipment
for 2-3 years they've essentially kept it beyond the useful
life of the machine.

  -- Nitzan