[asterisk-biz] on the topic of fraud

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Sat May 16 23:22:57 CDT 2009

I don't know what to tell you, but you can't close down a data center
for the purpose of collecting evidence. How hard is it to just clone
all the machines in there instead of taking them?
I have been by one such raid, they just close you down. Luckily the
place where I was happened on a Monday morning, on the Friday before
that they asked me how important it is to take the backup tapes off
site. I told them very. When I was called on Monday morning the first
thing I asked was if he had taken the tapes, when the answer was yes I
told him go home, I'm assuming they'll be done late afternoon you'll
have your network up and running tomorrow morning.
They left around 2PM, I ran to the wiz (remember them?) and bought
computers to replace the ones they took (4 in total) and he was up and
running around 11AM Tuesday.
My point, this was a small company with around 10 employees shut down
by an investigation. It turns out he was in the clear, but regardless
I don't see this justified when it can all be done with just cloning
the whole office instead of taking it away.