[asterisk-biz] School on the web needs voip solution

Suzanne Bowen suzanne at supertec.com
Wed May 6 08:26:38 CDT 2009

A school on the web is searching for a voip solution. The full description
of what is needed is at http://tinyurl.com/schoolvoip ... original URL
http://blog.tmcnet.com/monetizing-ip-communications/2009/05/monetize_your_ip_communications_for_a_net_school_group.html.
Anyone responding who can provide this solution, I will put you in touch
with the third party requesting.

More information I received this morning:

For this project, the K-12 teachers would not be available from 8-4 pm. So
most of the call traffic would be between 4-9 pm.

To give you an idea of the scope, my friend just finished training 1400
public school teachers in El Salvador. They have no plan for continuing
education. The idea is to connect these 1400 people by way of a membership
and a pay-as-you-go fee scheme.

At best, they could call in and be connected immediately with one (or
possible more) teachers in the same network. This way they could talk to one
another on the phone in English.

At the very least, If no one were available, they could have the opportunity
to do a short listening and interactive learning activity based on (several
thousand) mp3 podcasts which they could access and then record their
file.

The Salvadorian education system has more than 40,000 public school
teachers.

The dream is to imagine such a system where people access native speaking
voices on a variety of topics and then can either talk about them directly
with another teacher, or respond in voicemail that could be saved for others
to review.

There would be a fully commercial application for this as well. But the idea
is to do it with the public sector as a pilot. My friend thanks for your
interest. Again the original request is at http://tinyurl.com/schoolvoip.

 (One final item, not related... I want to thank Fred Posner of TeamForrest,
Cox Communications, Skype, Digium, DIDX, Comtel-Networks, WSRE PBS, Max
Glucksmann, Alan Pesatty, Steven Cayona, and Paul Turso Deane for helping
with the linkingarms.org nonprofit telethon using open source technologies.
We'll do a case study soon and post to TMCNET and voip-info.)

--
Suzanne Bowen, Phone 1 850 207 2598
VP Marketing, Super Technologies, Inc. & DIDX