[asterisk-biz] Is NuFone dead?

Scott L. Lykens slykens at verimedservices.com
Mon May 4 09:07:18 CDT 2009

[snip]

> I'm using Nufone as we speak and they are definitely in business.
>
> Anybody still having problems?

I've had intermittent problems with NuFone in the past. When I first
started with Asterisk several years ago they had the best voice quality
for us and we were quite happy to pay $0.02/min then. But in the last
year reliability went downhill for us and we've moved on.

As a result of this thread I logged into my Nufone account to find that
in the last 45 days they've changed their tollfree fee from $2.50/month
to $7.99/month and failed to provide any notice of the change so I
closed my account and removed them from my LCR mix. (The toll frees were
more or less "parked" there and we weren't using them anyway)

I would suggest that if you're still doing business with them to check
your account carefully.

sl