[asterisk-biz] Brokerage Firms and Asterisk?

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Mon May 4 02:28:57 CDT 2009

On May 3, 2009, at 6:36 PM, David Shauger wrote:

> We have been approached by a brokerage firm to upgrade their phone
> system to VoIP and presented Asterisk as a solution. Our competition
> is pushing Microsoft's system and states that Asterisk is forbidden
> in the industry especially following last year's FBI warning.
> Anybody have clarification on this? Hoping they are wrong.
>
> Thanks!

> David Shauger

David -
Nonsense.  Ask them for documentation.  As far as I am aware, this is
pure myth.  In fact, Digium has a partner whose primary business
involves installing Asterisk-based systems in brokerage houses.

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/