[asterisk-biz] Weird and probably useful catalog source

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Sat Mar 28 19:08:38 CDT 2009

I've run across this catalog a few times, and while I've never
actually ordered anything from them, it seems like a good resource to
post here.  They appear to have lots of unusual and helpful tools for
the telephony professional, including quite a few that are often
referenced here on the list.

Items of note that I thought were interesting:
   - telephone poster from AT&T circa 1969
   - echo cancellation units for headsets
   - rotary-to-DTMF converters
   - "hotline" phones with no keys for PLAR
   - tone generators

http://www.sandman.com/

The site is really... uh... "colorful" and "folksy" in design.  Here's
a link to a page full of DTMF tools that might be more hidden:

http://www.sandman.com/digit.html

I have no affiliation or even trust of this site - it just seemed like
quite a large number of good tools for people who find themselves in
the phone closet with some regularity.  Some of the tools are fairly
unique, but I'd suggest taking a grain of salt with the long-winded
screeds contained here and there on the site.  Caveat emptor, as usual.

JT

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/