[asterisk-biz] Need to force port a 866 number

voip-asterisk at maximumcrm.com voip-asterisk at maximumcrm.com
Tue Mar 24 09:18:07 CDT 2009

I have a customer who wants to port their 866 number out of vocalocity. We
have tried porting before but they are not being cooperative.

The invoices from vocalocity do not show the toll free number, and on
other porting attempts they just respond by saying it is the "wrong name".

We've been told that we need a provider that can do a forced port.

Monthly volume is about 2000 minutes. The number would be connected with
SIP to the Asterisk PBX.