[asterisk-biz] Italy Mobile Termination

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Mon Mar 23 12:16:48 CDT 2009

I'm working on a business model for Italy that is being screwed by the high
cost of per-minute termination to mobile phones in Italy.

Have you figured out a way around this?  GSM to VoIP gateways?  Buying bulk
minutes?  Have a special provider you're willing to share publically or
privately?

I'm not going to break any contracts or rules to do this, a legal and
approved of method is required.  I'm hoping there is a way to get that
per-minute rate down to like $0.05 USD per minute or less to mobile phones
in Italy.

Things I've thought of but have rejected:

     * Installing a SIP client on the mobile phone
     * Send SMS and have callee return call to SMS originating number into
       the system to pickup the call
     * Make short call to callee to announce call, then hangup to have them
       call back
     * Plugging prepaid phones into a USB aggregator and integrating into
       asterisk (too much people time, too easily turned off, probably
       illegal or at least against the TOS)

Thanks