[asterisk-biz] Antarctica.

Trevor Hammonds trevor at concipient.net
Sat Mar 21 22:14:02 CDT 2009

Telephone communication into or out of Antarctica is usually via
satellite, as there are no undersea cables linking Antarctica to any
other continent.  Typically Iridium or Inmarsat is used for voice,
though some organizations use VoIP over other satellite data service.

Locally, there are traditional land lines, and some bases have
cellular service.

Sincerely,
Trevor Hammonds