[asterisk-biz] Multi-tenant with receptionist features for managed service

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 14:36:42 CDT 2009

Dear biz,

I'm currently researching options for a MT asterisk gui/system for a
small business centre that will have 12 units in it. Each unit will be
configured for one extension.

The system there will have a max of 12 concurrent calls to PSTN
provided via an ADSL/SDSL link to our VoIP provider in the UK.
Fallback will be to 4 analogue lines should this go down.

I want to avoid concurrent call pricing models for now and am happy to
work per extension.

We will do all install and support services.

I'm looking at PBXware, Thirdland and EnSwitch at the moment.

What is key is billing information and the ability for a receptionist
to see all active calls and do transfers etc. Much like the Flash
Operator Panel. Desktop Software may also be needed for this purpose
or can be done via a traditional bank of lines on an IP phone
accessory module.

I feel there is a gap in the market when looking for this versus
hosted pbxs, ITSPs and standalone pbx systems.

Please let me know if I've missed your product from my research.

I think I've covered everything. There will be many more business
centres to come as this first project will be the blueprint one. The
end goal is to also move this to a data centre and not have it on site
with the pstn fallback options, but use redundant links to our DC.
Like a mini-ITSP for our area. I haven't figured the receptionist part
for that bit yet though ;-)

Thanks,

Gavin.

P.S. I have thought about pbxinaflash and a2billing, but I'm not sure
if it would not be clunky for a novice to handle (receptionist). I may
go down that route of I can't get the features I need as per above and
hire the FreePBX team.

--
Sent from my mobile device

http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/