[asterisk-biz] PBX Hacker IP List

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Mon Mar 16 12:19:25 CDT 2009

voip-asterisk at maximumcrm.com wrote:
> IANAL, but you'll need a very strong disclaimer concerning the
> risk of blocking good calls.
>
> No matter how the system is set up there should be a way to easily add
> known-good IP as they relate to a particular installation.

As well as a dispute mechanism for being removed from the list. These
days, we see several dozen random IPs a day from China trying to hack
our Asterisk server. Sadly for them, we have no outgoing extensions on
our asterisk server, so they're unlikely to find anything of use.
However, blocking them would be problematic as they're mostly dynamic
IPs and net cafes.

A good many of them likely don't even originate from China.

N.