[asterisk-biz] PBX got Hacked

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Mar 12 03:34:54 CDT 2009

11 mar 2009 kl. 20.03 skrev Remco Barendse:

> Despite of all the arguments on other things we could do, why not
> increase
> the level of security in Asterisk if there is a possibility to do so?

As always with Open Source, it's a matter of funding. We have worked
out two
rather detailed plans for new security architectures in Asterisk, but
as with the
chan_sip3 (pineapple) project, we've haven't got funding for the work.

I do wish that more companies basing their business on Asterisk would
step
forward and fund development work in Asterisk in order to be able to
create
new functionality.

/O