[asterisk-biz] iPhone 3.0 app for asterisk?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Jun 27 09:27:52 CDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-27 at 10:14 -0400, michael at hesta.com wrote:
> With push notification now available in new OS does anyone know if
> anyone is working on an app that would enable the iPhone to be used as
> a full extension on an asterisk system ? Would be very valuable in
> residential as well as enterprise!!

I do not know what you mean by a "full extension" as opposed to any
other type of extension.

Do you mean via the GSM layer or via SIP?

Can you not do this with SIP clients?

http://www.google.com/q=iphone+sip

it appears that there are a lot of free sip clients for the iphone, and
while I do not have one I cant say for sure,  but ichat on the desktop
has sip functionality built in, so if it exists on the iphone then its
likely that it too would have sip functionality.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721