[asterisk-biz] Update: Looks like Nufone is finally dead and out of business

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Jun 26 10:04:35 CDT 2009

http://www.mailfunnel.org/asterisk-biz@lists.digium.com/2005-11/msg00174.html

Just read and keep hitting "Thread Next"

It was bound to happen with that attitude.  He was doomed from day one with
his business model.

1.  Provide VoIP Service (Sometimes works)
2.  Treat Customers Like Crap and Provide No Support
3.  Collect premiums
4.  Profit

Sounds good but people want reliable VoIP service that works and they want
support and to be treated professionally, especially when paying for a
service with hard earned dollars.

Know your strengths, if you are not good with people, then hire someone who
is.  If you are not a good manager, then hire one,  If you are good with
tech stuff and limited to that, stay in the server room.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Wes Reece <wreece79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Where can I read more?
>

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Trixter aka Bret McDanel <
> trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 16:40 -0700, Justin Newman wrote:
>> > Another one bites the dust: Looks like Nufone is finally dead and out of
>> business.
>> >
>> > I heard they may be selling some of their software, name, and other
>> items to another company, but that it probably won't happen.
>> >

>> I heard that already happened in essence when they got bailed out after
>> the issues of not charging what it cost to route calls and losing $400k
>> in one month.
>>

>> --
>> Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com     Bret McDanel
>> pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721