[asterisk-biz] OT: Cisco Cerent ONS 15454

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Thu Jun 25 16:03:25 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Les - LES.NET (1996) INC. <sales at les.net>wrote:

> Hi.
>
> If anyone has, or knows someone who has, knowledge on provisioning a Cisco
> ONS 15454 (OC3, DS1, XC-VT) to pull VT1.5s off an OC3 and put them on a
> DS1.
>
> They would need to telnet to our terminal server and access the 15454 via
> Serial Port, and provision the thing from scratch.
>
> Send email to sales at les.net with a rough estimate price for performing
> this task.
>
> Thanks,
> Les.

I haven't done it on that beast but have on an Adtran MX2800.

You just console in and turn up the channels, they are administratively down
by default if memory serves me correctly.

That was all there was to it.

I can imagine Cisco made it difficult but knowing a bit of the cisco IOS and
pressing tab can probably get it working.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro