[asterisk-biz] Unlimited inbound DIDs for: 337, 225, 504 area codes?

Nikolai Manek manek at remwave.com
Wed Jun 10 22:12:08 CDT 2009

Well, first you need to have to be connected (TDM or better IP handoff) to a carrier who can route all incoming calls to you. Then you need to simply purchase DIDs from them which will be handed off to you via TDM or IP (SIP or H323). It's pretty straight forward. These carriers will then charge you for "something". This is in some cases a per minute fee (really unfortunate) or a bandwidth charge for the interconnect. Something like "virtual" T1 for example if you don't have physical links with them. I can't tell you names in combination with rates without NDA but it's easy to find out - Look for carriers with a large footprint in the US (rate center access) or search for "inbound DID block" or things like that. There are only a handful carriers you can find and they are hard to miss. If you don't need 1000 DIDs per city or even rate center you should use people who accumulate traffic like DIDx, Voxbone or others. You sure can't buy 1000 DIDs in a block spread over the nation. It has to be in one rate center or in some cases one city. For most large carriers 1000 numbers is close to nothing.

Nikolai
http://www.remwave.com