[asterisk-biz] Virizion Interconnection

ComVisionCorp.com/Cvnet.ca info at cvnet.ca
Tue Jun 9 19:52:16 CDT 2009

Hi all

For past week I've doing everything I could think of to interconnect with
Verizon with no luck.

Right now our at their end we are setup with h323, at our end we use
Asterisk 1.4.

When we send a call we get busy signal, finally I have contacted them and
told them about the problem, and they asked me to send them exact time/date
of my calls after that I've received this email from them.

--------------------------------------- Their Email Start

Hi Sean,

See the attached call trace and see incorrect packetization timers.

EXAMPLE:

Octet263  audioData

----

 ......0.  Extension bit          (0) Value is within the range of the
extension root

 ........  Index                  (3) g711Ulaw64k

 ...00000  Spare                  0

 ........  g711Ulaw64k            150

Your calls are showing multiple timers that are incompatible.  (For example
packetization timer of 150 ms on g711Ulaw64k and g711Alaw64k calls).  These
will be rejected by our ENGINE platform.  You are sending in incompatible
packetization timing on your OLC (open logical channel)'s codec list.  Our
server is replying with a "normal unspecified" RELEASE COMPLETE message
within milliseconds.

I emphasizing that the calls are failing due to multiple incompatible
packetization timing that you are sending us.  Please review for this or
have your vendor review and correct.  You need to correct to the below as
they are our default timers.

Our defaults for H.323 inbound packetization rates are as follows:

INP=1

G.711 Packetization 20ms

G.729A Packetization 40ms

G.729AB Packetization 40ms

G.723.1 Packetization 60ms

G.723.1a Packetization 60ms

G.726-32 Packetization  10ms

 I did some research on the net without any luck, I did came across this
lists with someone else having issue with Verizon interconnection, so if any
of you could help us out here it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Sean

Communication Vision Corp

Sean Azim