[asterisk-biz] London +44 020 0xxx xxxx New?

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Jun 5 10:59:59 CDT 2009

I can't find any documentation that a UK number 020 0xxx xxxx is a London
number.  I can find 020 3xxx xxxx is new and most Londoners don't know
about it, and that most Londoners believe only 020 7xxx xxxx and 020 8xxx
xxxx are valid.

Can anyone point me to some documentation about the geographic region that
is served by 020 0xxx xxxx (0200) vs 0207, 0208 and 0203?

I've Googled, Wikipedia'd, even ofcom'd.  The numbers work, but I've got a
customer complaining that we gave them a 0200 number and not 0207 or 0208.
I want to educate them (or put my tail between my legs).

Thanks