[asterisk-biz] US VoIP DIDs that accept collect calls

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Fri Jul 31 17:22:58 CDT 2009

I've got a few customers who have asked several times for DIDs that can
accept collect calls.  Vitelity says their providers don't support it,
which I can understand.  The purpose is likely to get a local number near a
prison so the inmate can call locally and not pay $10/minute.  Since the
collect call can be billed at widely varying rates, I'm guessing it is a
headache to do well.

Does anyone know of any providers offering US DIDs that can accept collect
calls?