[asterisk-biz] Visual IVR/CallFlow designer (SafiServer & Safiworkshop) release candiate 2 is available for download.

Jongsuk Lee jongsuk.lee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:26:21 CDT 2009

I'm happy to announce that SafiWorkshop and SafiServer Release Candidates
are now available for
download<http://www.safisystems.com/index.cfm?pageMode=downloads>!
This build addresses a number of issues uncovered during the beta-testing
process and features some fundamental changes in how the SafiWorkshop talks
to the remote SafiServer. With the improvements implemented over the past
couple months, what we believe was already the most powerful Asterisk
enhancement platform available is now one of the simplest to configure and
use as well.

Here's a quick rundown of the primary changes since out last release:

• *Live Remote Debugging* – The local debug server has been scrapped in
favor of live debugging on the remote SafiServer. This bypasses some of the
firewall issues and port conflicts people were running into when running a
debug server from the SafiWorkshop itself.

• *Firewall Friendly/Simplified Setup* – The SafiWorkshop / SafiServer
communication now occurs over a single port (8822 by default) using a
built-in SSH-based tunneling system.

• *Database Connectivity* – Database connections from the SafiWorkshop are
now obtained from the SafiServer itself. That allows the user to create SQL
connections and queries for databases that may only be accessible from the
SafiServer machine. That way, any database development that occurs in the
SafiWorkshop is guaranteed to behave correctly when running in production.

• *Multiple SafiServer Management* – We've added a facility that makes it
easy to switch between SafiWorkshop workspaces. Typically each workspace
corresponds to a unique SafiServer instance

• *Import/Export* – With the new Safi Archive (SAR) import/export feature
Saflets, database resources (queries, connections), audio prompts, and
global and local variables can be exported to a .sar archive or conversely
imported into the SafiWorkshop and optionally published to the remote
SafiServer. WARNING: this feature is still experimental-use with caution.

• *Numerous bug fixes*

We're confident this is by far the best version of the product we've
produced so far and we're extremely excited to make it available to you now.
Documentation for this new version is lacking at the moment but please check
out these forum posts to get started:

SafiWorkshop Walkthrough: 1.
Installation<http://www.safisystems.com/index.cfm?pageMode=messages&threadid=8EF36F26-DCEE-09D1-78DAD4A50D2F05A0>

SafiWorkshop Walkthrough: 2.
Updates<http://www.safisystems.com/index.cfm?pageMode=messages&threadid=765A1FEC-D79E-AB7E-7DB2A6DE29CBD4BD>

SafiWorkshop Walkthrough: 3. Setting up a
license<http://www.safisystems.com/index.cfm?pageMode=messages&threadid=E1F9BF3B-C95F-5A04-6DECB59E4FCF2028>