[asterisk-biz] Anyone experienced in cable telephony?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jan 28 19:48:54 CST 2009

C. Savinovich wrote:

> I have an opportunity to provide telephony to a small cable provider in a
> foreign country... about 500 subscribers.  Will anybody know what equipment
> is necessary on the provider side to provide asterisk based telephony?  Any
> links or pointers where to find info will be appreciated.

That depends on what the intended medium and transport is.  Are they
looking to provide analog POTS (i.e. FXO ports broken out of RJ-11
jacks)?  Are they looking to get it to the customer as IP or use some
sort of voice-over-RF contraption like some cable MSOs in the US use in
certain parts?

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems