[asterisk-biz] Call Recording and Legal Issues in the US

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Jan 28 17:26:27 CST 2009

What about all the misdials I get.  I know what number they are trying
to call.  Both parties are in Canada and I am in the US.

I have been tempted but would never bridge the call and record it.

It is quite amusing that people leave credit card numbers and checking
account routing and account numbers on my voicemail on a daily
basis.....

If only I was a crook, I could be making a mint.  Cross country
boarders and all, I wonder how prosecution of such a thing would go if
someone doing this would be identified.

Apologies for going off on a tangent, my mind goes all over the place sometimes.

Back on topic.  I am no lawyer, but I think a disclaimer is fine,
maybe signed prior to giving the customer a listing of the laws, state
by state.

Again, seek legal council, but I think you should be fine, or at least
win your case if it ever came to that.

Thanks,
Steve