[asterisk-biz] Consortium of Sorts for Interconnects and VoIP providers to a Lesser Degree

Florian Overkamp florian at speakup.nl
Wed Jan 28 01:33:19 CST 2009

Steve Totaro wrote:
> I will be creating a consortium for all things VoIP as well as any
> other specialties a shop or individual can bring to the table, such as
> custom programming and dev work.

Steve,

The idea is interesting, and I can see particular value for consulting
and hardware type deals. As for service-providers (like me) it will be a
bit more complex, but in general the consortium will in that respect
lead to bilateral exchange of services between service-provider members.

Another nice thing is if dealing internationally, a member local to the
customer can perform clearinghouse tasks and (help) comply with national
billing and tax guidelines.

If this is coordinated properly we can also setup 24x7 supportlines and
service-level-offerings much easier. However, a great deal of internal
trust and quality assurance is required! I am looking forward to see how
  this can be taken care of.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Florian Overkamp