[asterisk-biz] Consortium of Sorts for Interconnects and VoIP providers to a Lesser Degree

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Jan 27 21:56:29 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Steve Totaro
<stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am going to throw out an idea and see if it sticks.  I have had this
> idea for quite a while now and I think the moons have aligned to get
> it done..
>
> I will be creating a consortium for all things VoIP as well as any
> other specialties a shop or individual can bring to the table, such as
> custom programming and dev work.
>
> The idea is that people and companies in the consortium operate under
> the name of the consortium.
>
> Some will be rejected or be kicked out of the consortium for doing
> anything that breaks the rules, such as stealing a customer, or
> regular complaints from customers.  There will be a whole binding
> contract in this regard.
>
> Consortium members will be picked by geographical location, skill set,
> proficiency, and some other factors.
>
> Nobody in the consortium will directly compete with other members, and
> prices for services will be standardized.
>
> The the whole idea is for you to keep your business, yet operate to
> some degree in the consortium (no leaching).
>
> We all help each other out, either by sending leads, or even going on
> a sales calls for another person in the consortium (obviously, this
> would be a paid gig).  Let's face it, some people can sell much better
> than others.  For a big deal, I would potentially fly someone in who
> is great sales person and pay them well for their time.
>
> We can sub out work to each other that are in the inner circle of trust.
>
> One other HUGE and the main benefit when coming up with the idea, is
> that we will all act as one company on the surface, so there is great
> credibility there rather than a one, two, or even ten man shop.  We
> will also act as one company to some degree behind the scenes.  I have
> turned away plenty of business because I was booked solid or did not
> have the skillset nor time to learn it.
>
> I would gladly turn over that business to someone else in the
> consortium providing a get a kickback for the sale and the job get's
> done correctly.
>
> To the outside world, we appear to be a single World Wide company,
> with offices and technicians that could be onsite anywhere in the US
> and other countries.
>
> If you have any interest, questions, or any kind of feedback, please
> post to the list or email directly if it is not list material.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro
> +18887771888 (Toll Free)
> +12409381212 (Cell)
> +12024369784 (Skype)

More and more benefits are coming to mind like what essentially would
be a group buy.  If we all purchase under the consortium's name, and
we have enough active members buying, then we will be in a great
position to negotiate lower prices on hardware and other services.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro