[asterisk-biz] Asterisk 1.4.22.1 and zombies

Sabine Jordan jordan at rate-one.de
Sat Jan 17 05:34:16 CST 2009

Hello Murf,

first of all, thank you for your help.

The old posting from years ago, was not my problem, it was just a
problem someone had which I've found searching the internet to find a
solution to our problem. It was the only thing that I found similiar to
our problem, or at least it seemed similiar to our problem. But I am not
that experienced with asterisk, so I might be wrong assuming that.

Well, we use Open Suse 11 on this system. We don't use zap, we just use
SIP and ztdummy, because ztdummy it's required to use MeetMe. The system
where the problem occurs is our application server. we do also have a
gateway where we use zap to accept incoming calls, which we transfer
using sip protocol to the applications server. The caller gets
transfered to agents from there or he meets other callers in conference
rooms. The script we use connects the caller to agents, or opens
confrence rooms...

I try not using the word zombie again ;) I will call them defunct
processes instead.

I'll take a closer look on the system an check all the things that
you've mentioned on Monday. But maybe you have some other hints with the
additional information I've given now.

Kind regards and have a nice weekend.

Sabine