[asterisk-biz] Alternative to QueueMetrics

Lenz Emilitri lenz.loway at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 03:59:03 CST 2009

We have quite a number of users that run large (>500 agent) call-centers and
use the clustering features of QM by maintaining multiple instances of the
same queues on clustered, often geographically dispersed systems, using
different distribution logic, and using QM to have the reporting as if it
was all handled on one single virtual box.

Of course they don't get "true" FIFO call distribution logic, but from what
I see they seem to be pretty much satisfied with the results.

It would be cool to have a standard way to have distribuited queues in
Asterisk, and if somebody comes up with it, we are surely going to support
it in QM. Or one can use the de-facto industry standard and install ViciDial
:-)

Thanks

l.

--