[asterisk-biz] Asterisk 1.4.22.1 and zombies

Sabine Jordan jordan at rate-one.de
Fri Jan 16 03:10:48 CST 2009

Hello all,

I've read the following posting at lists.digium.com from November 2006:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-November/172261.html

I know it's been a while ago and unfortunately there where no replies.
Maybe someone has solved the problem anyway and could help me, because
we have the same problem running asterisk 1.4.22.1. We already updated
from a previous version, but the problem remains the same...

We have some php-scripts from where we run asterisk-applications which
seem to work fine for a while until the first zombie appears. After the
first zombie has appeared all other hangups seem to generate zombies as
well. After a while the zombies disappear until it all starts again. But
there are times when we have more than 1500 zombies which is alarming.

Some informmation about the script:

- every db-connection is closed
- the script is closed with an "exit"
- script works fine until after some time the first zombie appears

pstree |grep asterisk

     |-safe_asterisk---asterisk-+-173*[asterisk.php]
     |                          `-37*[{asterisk}]

Has someone solved the problem in the past and/or could give me a hint?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards and greetings from Germany,

Sabine

--
dtms GmbH
Sabine Jordan

Isaac-Fulda-Allee 5
55124 Mainz

T: + 49 (0) 180 / 30 70 3 325*
F: + 49 (0) 180 / 30 70 3 309*
Infos unter: www.dtms.de

* (0,09 €/Min. aus dem dt. Festnetz, abweichende Preise aus dem Mobilfunk)