[asterisk-biz] Digium certified asterisk professional or CCIE VOIP

George Kumar grgkumar4 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 02:46:15 CST 2009

When I mentioned CCIE VOIP, I did not mean to say that it would help
me in being an asterisk expert.
What i meant was whether to go in the direction of providing VOIP
solutions based on Asterisk or to take CCIE VOIP route and provide
VOIP consultancy in the area of Cisco VOIP products such as call
manager, unity etc...
Sorry for the confusion.

I agree with with you in that on a philosophical level I hate having
to be certified by others...But as many things in life, people who you
deal with, sometimes put lots of emphasis on these things. It is like
when you go to job interview for networking consulting engineer or
technical marketing in networking area, and if you said you are a
CCIE, it puts people who are hiring you (at least if they work for
Cisco) at ease....If you don't deal with Cisco products or Cisco
company in any capacity ..CCIE is useless...

In my opinion CCIE and other Cisco certifications are part of cisco's
marketing strategy and basically brainwash you in to thinking their
(cisco) way....

Afterall what is marketing....it is just another name for business
propaganda ....Just 2 days back I talked to a friend who works for
Cisco and I was asking him about how many simultaneous calls his java
running call manager can do...and somehow in the conversation I
mentioned Asterisk....And like all good brainwashed people he
said...Oh linux is just a hobby...businesses cannot rely on that
...etc etc....

Being out of Cisco, at least I can see things more objectively...

Anyways I like your out of box thinking....and have been finding your
emails quite interesting...I agreed with your opinions regarding
body-shop companies that like to charge 100% mark-up just to put your
employee on their payrole....

Keep up the good work...
George...