[asterisk-biz] OT: Paying people in faraway (Western) places.

Nitzan Kon nk3569 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 12:41:37 CST 2009

--- On Thu, 1/8/09, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:

> But what it basically means is anyone living in the USA for
> more than 8
> years has to continue pay tax in the USA for 10 years after
> they
> leave!!!!!
>
> LOL.

That's gotta be the stupidest tax law I've ever heard of. Not
only is it obviously unfair - GOOD LUCK collecting. Ain't gonna
happen. What? the IRS is going to go after someone in INDIA
to pay income taxes to the US? a foreign court would not even
admit a case filed by the IRS in a foreign country.

I don't think this will reduce the number of H1-B's though.
There's simply too many people who want to come live here.
I know - I just got my citizenship last month. :) It's a
bittersweet joy - I know I can always call the USA "home"
from now on - but I also know this privilege is going to
cost me quite a bit in taxes should I move to another country.
Having said that, I made a conscious choice to become a
citizen knowing the consequences. Being a US citizen is
more important to me than saving a few dollars in the
grand scheme of things.

--
Nitzan Kon
http://www.future-nine.com/