[asterisk-biz] OT: Paying people in faraway (Western) places.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jan 7 19:24:26 CST 2009

Andres wrote:
> Alex Balashov wrote:
>
>> That was the first thought I had when reading Brett's and Nitzan's
>>
>> The problem with all these worthless staffing and recruiting parasites
>> is that their markup on him is not merely "an overhead."  They want a
>> 100%+ margin.
>>
> Hard to believe that is the case in the UK.  We hire people in Latin
> America and the overhead is more like 10%.  Well worth it.  They pay
> social security, taxes, medical insurance, worker comp, pension, etc.
> etc.   You should research this more closely and actually get some
> quotes from staffing firms.

Hmm.  Thanks, good advice - to others who suggested this as well.  I'll
take it before I give up.

The problem is 1) I really wasn't hoping to introduce more overhead into
this than necessary and 2) I'm too angry and blinded by my rage at
worthless consulting body shops to think clearly sometimes.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems