[asterisk-biz] OT: Paying people in faraway (Western) places.

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Jan 7 18:35:51 CST 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 19:16 -0500, Alex Balashov wrote:
> BTW, it sounds from what you're saying like the most reasonable thing
> might be for my employee to incorporate in Britain (not that this is
> necessarily trivial, cheap, or even possible, but work with me here) and
> for me to pay him as a vendor company rather than as a 1099er or a W-2er.

or you incorporate offshore for all your non-US dealings, keeping your
US company for the US transactions.  Of course that does not get you off
the hook with nations that have similar laws, I dont know what the UK
requires if you hire someone but are not based in the UK.

Some countries like isle of man have (had??) programs where they will
pay up to the first year operating expenses, including equipment,
salaries and other things.  I dont know all the details but it can make
things easier.  Manx.net is one of the largest (only?) isps there and
generally has bandwidth available for operations there.  And IoM is iirc
tax free if you do not market, sell to, or anything else to IoM
residents.

Of course you would want to verify all of this with someone who is
better versed with (and legally responsible to know) the tax laws.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721